From the train station at Forchheim (Oberfr) it is about a 2 km walk.
- Head north from Bahnhofsplatz toward Eisenbahnstraße
- Follow Theodor-Heuss-Allee until the intersection with Hainbrunnenstraße, then turn right and go over the tracks
- Turn left after the bridge on to Hainstrasse.
- You will eventually come to a "T" intersection. Make a dog leg (right then left) onto Hans-Sachs-Straße
- Follow Hans-Sachs-Straße until Untere Kellerstraße. Turn right.
- Follow Untere Kellerstraße until you reach the base of the Kellerwald
If you should decide to take a taxi, be sure and tell the driver you want the upper kellers. That way you can drink your way down the hill, rather than drink your way up.